It’s been a slow week here so I’m going to do something a little different for this week’s post. 🙂
10 things you didn’t know about me
1. I was in the drum line in high school. I played the cymbals.
2. I have a fear of holes and circles (trypophobia). It sounds ridiculous, but I swear it’s a thing! If I look at a honeycomb or ant hills on the ground, it will make my skin crawl.
3. I’ve always wanted to own my own hostel or b&b. It’s a far-away dream of mine, but I’m not ruling it out.
4. One of my pet peeves is when people are late. 😛 I’m always early and will shamelessly be the first one at every party.
5. I’m a daughter of Chinese immigrants. I love the immigrant story and think they are the bravest people in the world. I would love to visit China in the next few years – the last time I went back was when I was 17 right before college.
6. I had 6 part-time jobs in high school. My mom taught me from a young age to never rely on anyone for money, and I took that to heart and I signed up for my first job on my 14th birthday. These jobs were: swim instructor at the YMCA, summer camp counselor at the Y, dance teacher at a Chinese language school (my favorite job ever!), front counter at a Chinese restaurant, private violin lessons, and tutoring.
7. I always cry when I see others cry. It’s like some automatic trigger for me but I almost always tear up too.
8. It’s very difficult for me to read. It’s weird because I’ve always loved writing from a young age, but I just hate reading! I have about a 95% abandon-rate for books.
9. My family loves to solve riddles together at the dinner table. We all studied engineering in college, so we especially love riddles that involve math.
10. I was scared of mammals until ~3 years ago, and thought I would never be a pet owner. But meeting Joe and being the de facto mom to his cats changed my heart, and now I can’t imagine life without our furry family!
2 thoughts on “10 things you didn’t know about me”
Thanks for sharing that Charlotte. Really interesting. I’m still scared of mammals especially dogs but I’m fine with circles! Also like you I am always on time or early and get frustrated with those who are late. My parents never let me get a part time job when I was younger although I really wanted one, so I’m envious of all your high school jobs!
LikeLiked by 1 person
glad to know I wasn’t the only person scared of dogs! 😅
LikeLiked by 1 person