- Run a few times a week to build a decent base for Spring marathon training
- Learn “Love is All” by Tallest Man on Earth on my guitar
- Cook at least one meal a day
- Be grateful
2 recent discoveries
- Crazy Ex Girlfriends on Netflix – Jane the Virgin meets High School Musical. Hilarious. Somewhat cringe-worthy. Highly recommend.
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami – a friend gave this to me as a present, and I’m racing through it! Almost every sentence is a quote I want to put on my Pinterest board; it’s so raw and magically verbalizes thoughts every distance runner has at one point or another.
One of my favorite excerpts: “Most runners run not because they want to live longer, but because they want to live life to the fullest. If you’re going to while away the years, it’s far better to live them with clear goals and full alive than in a fog, and I believe running helps you do that. Exerting yourself to the fullest within your individual limits: that’s the essence of running ,and a metaphor for life…”
5 recent experiences I’m grateful for
- Telling the guys at the coffee shop in Astoria that I’m a regular at that I’m moving…their responses made me realize my time in Astoria wasn’t a complete waste. I gained some great connections, and some free donuts while I was at it 😉 a bit heart breaking, but I’m grateful…boy will I miss those guys
- Telling a stranger on the subway he made my day
- These past few days of riding my bike…60’s in November?? I’ll take it 🙂
- Having my soul rejuvenated to run again. The combination of sitting out this fall season and watching the NYC marathon this past weekend has made me SO excited to run this Spring.
- This text – I need talk this positively to myself!
3 things I’m struggling with
- Being decisive. Kind of ironic coming from someone who decided to move apartments after approximately 1.2 seconds of thought, but in general, it’s been difficult to make decisions lately, big and small. I think it stems from needing to lean on only myself through some recent experiences (like this apartment thing). Making decision after decision has me doubting myself and whether my choices will turn out well. But, I can only control so much around me, and if I try and be a good person and apply myself the best way I know how, that’s all I can ask for!
- Loneliness – I’m optimistic that moving will help this!
- Anxiety about the future – I am the definition of a worrier. And with all these big changes in my life coming up, I can’t help but freak out 24/7 about every little thing. However, I am a firm believer that everything works out the way they are suppose to, and need to make a conscious effort to let it go.
3 things I’m excited for
- My first/only fall half marathon this weekend!!
- Living in Manhattan again!!!
- Seeing my family again in a few weeks for Thanksgiving!